Eddy Baptist Church was founded in 1952. The property was sought out and purchased by a group of men from the community. It was purchased from Stone Lumber Company for $1.00 plus the deed preparation which was paid for by Gus King. The first trustees were Gus King, L.M. Hunkapillar, V.H. Merritt, J.O. Donaldson, Albert Tidmore and Alvie Slaten. The land was purchased July 11, 1952 and the church building was constructed over The next six month period.
The church was organized on July 12, 1952. Charter members were: Pink Tidmore, R.P. Stephens, Will Merritt, Claude Tidmore, Albert Tidmore, Manier Tidmore, Levi Atchley, J.O. Donaldson, Mollie B. Hunkapiller, Leslie Holaway, Hazel Merritt, Mary Channey, Rowena Southerland, Wymon King and Ola King. Those who joined that night and the following day were: G.C. Kelly, Orval Holaway, Leatha Slaten, Elton Suttles, Horace King, Earnest Hunkapillar, Alvin Slaten, Virgle Merritt, Orval E. York, Opal King, Vela Dean King, Henry Jernigan, Earnest Camp, Rosie Holaway, Catherine Bodine, Eamestine King, Pauline Kelly, Lewis Fergerson, Dessie McWhorter and Elva Merritt.
The first officers were: Pastor – G.C. Kelly, Church Clerk – Orval Holaway, Sunday School Superintendent – Odell Donaldson, Sunday School Treasure – Bud Slaten, Song Leader – Horace King
The church still meets today on the original site in the original building with additional grounds added for the cemetery and fellowship hall. The original building has been remodeled extensively and landscaped.
We humbly thank God for our years of service, and we pray for His continued guidance.